S-CONCRETE Multistory Designer
Powered by S-CONCRETE and integrated with 3rd party structural analysis models.
Shave days off your concrete design workflow. Multistory Designer easily imports all concrete structural elements from ETABS® model files. Quickly design and detail all concrete elements and generate a single design report that includes all S-CONCRETE design results for every concrete structural element.
Multistory Designer 3rd Party Model Importing
Control which concrete structural elements you want to import.
Multistory Designer efficiently imports all or just some concrete structural element data from ETABS® models. Control what information gets imported by actively selecting from all available concrete beams, columns, braces, piers, and spandrels.
Imported data for the selected concrete elements includes
- section dimensions
- material properties
- analysis resultant forces at different stations along each concrete element
Transparent importing allows the user to view and modify all data before importing into Multistory Designer for further concrete design and detailing.
Multistory Designer 3-Step Design Process
Multistory Designer uses a straight-forward 3-step approach to generating concrete design results for every imported concrete structural element.
1. Assign Initial Steel Reinforcement Configurations
With just a few clicks of the mouse, quickly assign initial longitudinal and transverse steel reinforcement to all imported concrete sections.
The initial batch reinforcement is fully customizable and can be set it to either the building code minimums or your project’s defined minimums.
Virtually all reinforcement options found in S-CONCRETE are accessible in the Multistory Designer, along with all sectional seismic options.
2. Create Design Groups
Create design groups for concrete sections as needed.
Design individual concrete structural elements (considering the design forces on that element only), or create design groups containing all concrete structural elements within a user-defined set of stories that consider the design forces captured from the entire set of stories.
Further refine any reinforcement configurations on a design group basis, providing extra reinforcement only where it is required.
3. Generate Preliminary then Final Code-Check Results
Multistory Designer generates preliminary code checks on all imported concrete sections within seconds.
Initial results show a complete snapshot of all the concrete structural element’s performance under their initial design configurations.
Multistory Designer color-flags all code-check status results for users to quickly identify all problem areas in their model.
Used in conjunction with the concrete design functionality, users can quickly adjust for economical and adequate reinforcement for all concrete elements based on their design loads.
S-CONCRETE Multistory Designer generates all S-CONCRETE .SCO files for every imported concrete structural element within seconds for further viewing, sharing or modifying.
Utilizing S-CONCRETE’s batch processing capabilities, all beam, column and wall sections can be fully code checked from within the Multistory Designer environment.
Results and Design Reports
Full code check results are available in plaintext and tabulated formats, as well as within every updated S-CONCRETE .SCO file.
Complete detailed design report in PDF format
Generate detailed results that list each section’s numerical and graphical data for section force and detailing code-checks.
Utilizing the same trusted design report format as S-CONCRETE Standard, scroll through the results of all sections within a single file including a tabulated summary page of all code checked sections.
Print a customizable reinforcement schedule report for all beams, columns and walls, organized story-by-story. The schedule includes all sections, their reinforcement, and code-check information.
CSV and text file exports
Obtain all information for every concrete section, loads, reinforcement and code check results in either CSV or text file format for further postprocessing using in-house methods. All reports are easily obtained from within the same Multistorey Designer environment and saved in easy-to-access file formats.
Design Codes Supported
- ACI 318-14, 11, 08, 05, 02
- CSA A23.3-14, 04
- EN 1992-1-1:2004 with standard design values
- EN 1992-1-1:2004 with UK National Annex
- BS 8110:1997
- CP 65:1999
Multistory Designer preforms preliminary code checks for ACI and CSA design codes only.
Newly Added Capabilities and Enhancements
S-CONCRETE Multistory Designer 2020.2.7
- Additional Wall Shapes Suppor for I, C, T and L-shaped walls
- GROUPS Integration. ETABS® groups can be used to organize members into different design sections in Multistory Designer so that S-CONCRETE Design Groups are similar to their respective ETABS® groups for improved data organization.
- Improved Reporting – Design reports include newly added wall shapes, including shape specific data including zone and panel reinforcement details, design checks, and more.
S-CONCRETE Multistory Designer for ETABS™ models is available on an annual subscription licensing basis.
- Windows 10 (64-bit version) operating system
- Min 2 GB RAM, Recommended 4 GB or more
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card – Must support hardware vertex processing
All clients who purchase S-CONCRETE Multistory Designer receive annual support and maintenance benefits.
- Email and telephone client support backed by the industry’s most dedicated and responsive engineering team
- Access to all new releases
- Free and discounted training
- Flexible licensing adaptive for all office installation configurations from standalone installation, local area network to Global Wide Area Licensing