Structural Analysis with Integrated Concrete and Steel Design
Model, analyze and design structures regardless of geometric complexity, material type, loading conditions, nonlinear effects, or design code requirements.
Quickly model structures with built-in modeling tools or use integrated BIM and DXF data sharing links.
Maximize your productivity with integrated Concrete, Foundation and Steel design and optimization.
Proven and Trusted for over 35 years, S-FRAME is the versatile design and analysis software of choice for both industrial and commercial structures.
Multiple panels help the engineer to quickly switch views between geometry, loading, graphical results, or all data displayed in tabular format.
Create and save custom multi-window working-view layouts for added productivity.
Quickly define structures using built-in modeling tools that automatically generate regular frame work models, and standard or custom trusses.
Easily import model data from Revit®, Tekla®, STAAD®, ETABS®, DXF, MS Excel® or Access® files.
Advanced meshing tools automatically generate high-quality meshed regions, while giving the user complete control over mesh density, mesh variability, hole placement, element type (quad or triangular ) and user-defined node locations to generate detailed analysis results in specific areas of interest.
Mesh algorithms automatically detect non-coplanar panel intersections and ensure compatible connections along intersection lines.
Easily see a detailed analysis results in specific model areas: Automatically convert any steel or concrete member (1D prismatic or linearly tapered) into equivalent multi-shell models with equivalent shell loading. Run the analysis to generate the detailed analysis results.
Convert back to the 1-dimension steel or concrete member for further design, minimizing the overall modeling effort required.
Automatic Member to Shell Conversion for Enhanced Analysis
Automatically convert members (1D prismatic or linearly tapered) into equivalent multi-shell models, with member loading converted to equivalent shell loading, for a detailed analysis in specific model areas. Use the detailed analysis results for further design checks.
The S-FRAME FEA solver incorporates the latest in parallel sparse solver technology to analyze virtually unlimited-size models.
Perform any of the following analysis: Static, Vibration, Response Spectrum, Time History, P-Delta, Buckling, Stage Construction, Moving Load Analysis, Nonlinear-static, Quasi-static or Nonlinear Time History.
Access a comprehensive library of Finite Element types to model any structural component accurately: truss, cable, beam, membrane, plate, shell, solid, linear and nonlinear springs, link beam with nonlinear hysteresis material behavior and tension/compression only members.
Design Capabilities – Flexible and Integrated
S-FRAME’s model management environment integrates structural analysis, steel design, concrete design, and foundation design, helping users to optimize their productivity. These optional add-on design modules transfer the analysis and design data seamlessly between the different design modules and the structural model.
Steel Design with S-STEEL
S-STEEL (integrated steel design) uses the structural analysis results to code-check individual steel members or the entire steel model. Optimize steel members to multiple criteria and different design codes. Select the link below to learn more about the steel design capabilities.
Concrete Design with ICD
ICD (integrated concrete design) uses the structural analysis results to code check and design Continuous Concrete Beams and Concrete Wall/Beam/Column sections. Design and detail a single member or design the entire concrete structure in one step. ICD generates professional engineering design reports with information for all concrete members, including each members’ status (pass/fail) checks, their governing load cases, utilization ratios and comprehensive messages for all failing members including their design clause references.
Collaboration and Validation
S-VIEW, a freely available collaboration tool included with S-FRAME Software, is designed to allow non-S-FRAME Analysis license holders to work in collaboration with individuals who model analyze structures using S-FRAME Analysis. S-FRAME license holders can generate S-VIEW readable files for their structural model. Using S-VIEW, users can visualize all model geometry, material properties, applied loading and analysis results, without having to install an S-FRAME Analysis license.
S-FRAME Analysis is sold in three different versions: Standard, Professional, and Enterprise.
The primary differences between these versions are their analysis capabilities.
S-FRAME Standard provides linear analysis capabilities.
S-FRAME Professional and Enterprise deliver more advanced and non-linear analysis capabilities.
Customize your solution further by adding design modules for integrated steel design (S-STEEL) and integrated concrete design (ICD).
- PC-based: Windows® 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- Min 2 GB RAM, Recommended 4 GB or more
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card – Must support hardware vertex processing
S-FRAME Analysis is a tried and trusted structural analysis and design solution developed and supported for over 30 years. Clients who purchase S-FRAME Analysis licenses are entitled to annual support and maintenance benefits.
- Email and telephone client support backed by the industry’s most dedicated and responsive engineering team.
- Access to all new releases
- Free and discounted training
- Flexible licensing adaptive for all office installation configurations from standalone installation, local area network to Global
- Wide Area Licencing.
Newly Added Capabilities and Enhancements
S-FRAME Analysis R2017
Member to Shell Conversion for enhanced analysis: Models with both steel and concrete members (1D prismatic or linearly tapered) can be automatically converted into equivalent shell models, with member loading converted to equivalent shell loading.
Rigid Body Constraint, a new constraint type enables users to model complex geometry by:
- Modeling rigid connections. e.g., where several beams and or columns frame together
- Connecting different parts of the structural model that were defined using separate meshes
- Connecting 1D elements (member/truss) that are acting as eccentric stiffeners/re-bars to 2D elements (shells)
Rigid Body Panels: a new panel type
- Rigid Body Panels enable users, among other applications, to efficiently enforce the condition that plane sections remain plane when converting members to detailed 3D shells.
Pass Through Force Connection Design Tool for calculating the Pass-Through/Transfer Forces
- Improved connection design my monitoring load paths
- Member end forces are summed up and transformed to global or joint coordinate system (transfer forces)
- Flexibility allows control over which members contribute to a connection component, and users can define custom member arrangements to connections
Meshing tools automatically locate and correct overlapping panels, preventing duplicate mesh panels.
New R2017 Analysis Capabilities
- New capabilities for the support of NBCC2005/10/15, IBC 2003, ASCE7-05, EN 1998-1: 2004.
- Significant performance enhancements related to rigid diaphragms, storey forces, wall integration lines, link elements, and more.
3rd Party Data Links
- STAAD™and ETABS™ to S-FRAME file format converts Geometry and Load data into S-FRAME models
- Transfer of all or only some user-specified Revit™ objects to S-FRAME, disabled analytical model members not transferred, Revit floors created based on any existing Floor IDs, Revit™ 2017 support and more enhancements
- Improved Tekla Structures data transfer capabilities, Tekla Structures™ 2016i and 2017 support
New Integrated Concrete Design (ICD) Capabilities
- Support for Design of Walls to Eurocode 2 – EN 1992-1-1:2004, Design of Concrete Structures
- New support for continuous concrete beam design and detailing. ICD now supports the same capabilities found in S-LINE
New R2017 S-STEEL Capabilities
- New Warping Constraint Tool for improved torsion design
- Support for the AISC 360-16 (ASD and LRFD)
- Incorporated revisions in the Update No.1 of CSA S16-14 to section classification limits
- Torsion design of all closed and open sections supported for AISC 360-10 and AISC 360-16 (ASD and LRFD), CSA S16-14 and EC3 codes.