STEEL Structural Design and Optimization Software
Use S-STEEL to code check and auto design steel members for both strength and serviceability to ensure structural safety and economy.
Optimize steel members based on an extensive list of optimization criteria, design codes, and constraints so that you can satisfy your design and performance assessment needs.
Comprehensive engineering reports in graphical and tabular format include design results, interactive formulas, equations, and graphics.
The S-STEEL Design Interface
S-STEEL executes entirely within the S-FRAME Analysis environment supporting linear and nonlinear static, response spectrum, linear and nonlinear time history (including base and multi-support base motion), linear and non-linear moving-load analyses, and Staged Construction. Access all the S-FRAME Analysis features, including the powerful model management system (folder technology, selection options, shortcut tools, S-VIEW’s model validation, and more.
Quickly locate and assess critical areas requiring re-design. Select specific members using multiple filtering options.
Override section sizes for all members or a subset of members and immediately see if they pass or fail the code checks, why, and by how much.
Structural Steel Design Options
Multiple settings and options exist to meet preferences and or requirements in your design workflow, from displaying the design results, to the level of detail, or format of Code Details.
Users can instruct S-STEEL what to do when changes were made to analyzed section, before returning to S-FRAME Analysis.
Steel Design Reports
Generate company-branded, customized reports in graphical or tabular format.
Comprehensive steel design results include equations and clause references for members that pass or fail with users having the options to show as much information as possible, or only the results that are relevant to the problem in hand.
Steel Design Codes
- ASCE 10-15
- AISC 360-16 LRFD/ASD
- AISC 360-10 LRFD/ASD
- AISC 360-05 LRFD/ASD
- EN 1993-1:2005
- EN 1993-1:2005/ UK Annex
- BS 5950:2000
- EN 1993-1:2005/ Singapore Annex
- Hong Kong Steel 2005 & 2011
- AS 4100-1998
- NZS 3404:1997
The Steel Design Examples for Structural Engineers
All thirty-three design examples include S-FRAME/S-STEEL example (.TEL) files that help illustrate the CSA S16-14 steel design code.
Included in this document are examples for
- Axial Loaded Steel Members
- Designing Steel Members for Flexure
- Shear Design of Steel Members
- Designing Members for Torsion
Composite Beam Support for
- CISC S16-14,09 and AISC 360-16,10 LRFD/ASD codes
- Partial or full composite sections
- Metal deck configurations
- Multiple concrete strengths and densities can be specified
- Available for both automated Design and Code Check input windows
- Automatic calculation of “Stud Capacity” and “Number of Studs Required” over shear span
- Positive and negative bending moments
- Shored and un-shored construction
- Parallel and perpendicular ribs
- Strength and Serviceability checks
- Accounts for shrinkage and creep
Use Scratch Pad, a simple and intuitive spreadsheet Interface to
- Explore alternative design options for a single member
- Override S-STEEL’s restrictions on specific design paraments
- Interrogate the S-STEEL code check and design results
Scratch Pad can be deployed as a standalone application running as S-PAD.
How to Buy S-STEEL
S-STEEL can be purchased as an add-on design module for S-FRAME Analysis; users must already own a license for S-FRAME Analysis (any edition).
- S-FRAME Analysis installation
- PC-based : Windows® 10
- Min 2 GB RAM, Recommended 4 GB or more
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card – Must support hardware vertex processing
S-STEEL Product Support
S-FRAME Analysis is a tried and trusted structural analysis and design solution, developed and supported for over 30 years. Clients who purchase S-FRAME Analysis licenses are entitled to annual support and maintenance benefits.
- Email and telephone client support backed by the industry’s most dedicated and responsive engineering team
- Access to all new releases
- Free and discounted training
- Flexible licensing adaptive for all office installation configurations from standalone installation, local area network to Global
- Wide Area Licencing
Recent Enhancements in S-STEEL R2020
- Custom angles, channels, I-shapes, tees and hollow sections can now be defined in S-FRAME’s Linearly Tapered Section dialog and code-checked in CSA S16-09 & 14, AISC 360-10 & 16, and Eurocode
- Code checks of rectangular bars and rounds are supported in CSA S16-09 & 14 and AISC 360-10 & 16
- Improved Composite Steel Design :automatic determination of related intermediate design input data based on user-defined criteria
- slab effective widths
- pre-composite moments
- Lateral Torsion Buckling
- Seismic Design Provisions for the CISC S16-14 steel design code
- Latticed Steel Transmission Structure Design support for ASCE 10-15